Effective Date: December 2019
You do not have to accept our cookies and consent can be withdrawn at any time. You can block cookies by changing the settings on your browser that allow you to refuse all or some cookies. You may also delete them after they have been placed on your device at any time. If you do not accept or delete our cookies, some areas of the Sites that you access may take more time to work, or may not function properly. If you would like further information on how to block cookies, please see the “How to Control Cookies” section, below.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device, if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your hard drive. When you visit our Sites, the cookies allow us to recognize your browser. Cookies may store your preferences and other information, help us to analyse the use of the Sites and to customise and improve the content and the layout of the Sites, but cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
Cookies set by a website owner (in this case, HME) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the Sites (i.e. advertising, social media functions and analytics).
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Sites.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Sites when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Sites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, for example, your choice of language or region.
- Targeting & Advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Sites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Social media cookies. These cookies allow us to integrate social media functions into our Sites and may also be used for advertising purposes.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below: